HomeShoppePublications and ResumeDisclosure

 

Monday, January 16, 2012

Snowflake Tutorial And Flower Frenzy

Hello friends!  I’m back to share the snowflake tutorial.  Here’s the  snowflakes I made.  These are SO EASY and have loads of dimension.  You can make them any size you’d like.  For my tutorial, I’ve used 6”x6” squares.
Start by cutting four squares.
DSC_0965
Fold the first square in half to make a triangle.
DSC_0966
Fold again to make a smaller triangle.
DSC_0967
Hold the triangle piece with the two folds in your left hand.
DSC_0968
Make 2 equal cuts just up to the fold, being careful not to cut through the fold.
DSC_0969
DSC_0970
Unfold.
DSC_0971
Join the ends of the center piece and glue or tape.
DSC_0972
Turn the square over and adhere the second piece.  Two of the pieces face the front, one faces the back.
2
Turn over and adhere the last two pieces.
DSC_0974
Repeat this for the other four squares. 
DSC_0975
Assemble the snowflake by taping 2 ends together.  Turn and attach the other two ends.
DSC_0977
And it’s been a flower frenzy here at my house.  I have been making flowers like crazy..LOL!  Here’s some I have finished.
flowers
fl
fl2

11 comments:

1CardCreator said...

Love your flowers Jan they are gorgeous! I grabbed some fabric to make some and never got around to it, maybe now I will.

Art From The heart said...

Having fun doing the flowers,I'll play with the snowflakes next.Looks like we might get some real ones here.
Hugs

KarinsArtScrap said...

thank you for the tutorial jan and you have made gorgeous flowers.

greetings karin

ThemeWeaver said...

Jan
adorable as usual. I would love to have the direction on how to make those flowers.

If you get a chance I posted a baby shower gift I made for my niece "Simone's Garden" I would love any and all comments
Themeweaver

Midnightscrapper said...

Your flowers are stunning! I need to learn to do this!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan, Thanks for the tutorial. Looove those flowers.
Regards Florence x

cheryl said...

brilliant tutorial hun love the flowers you have made they are gorgeous hugs Cheryl xx

Anonymous said...

Fab tutorial Jan and I love those flowers too
hugs June x

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, what a fabulous snowflake, Jan! Thanks for the tutorial on these. And your flowers are gorgeous. I know you're going to create all sorts of beautiful things with these.

Jingle said...

Those snowflakes are always so pretty! I love all of your fun flowers!

Angi Barrs said...

Love how you made those snowflakes! Your flowers are fabulous too. :)